Sterling Bank Transfer Code (Sterling Bank USSD Code Explained)Editor
Have you ever wanted to do a transfer with Sterling Bank and want to use USSD Code, if you are a sterling bank customer without a smartphone, the only methods to do a transfer are though USSD Code or with an ATM card. In this article, we will explain how to use Sterling Bank Transfer Code and all about Sterling’s USSD Code.
Sterling Bank Plc is a commercial bank licenced by CBN in Nigeria that provides universal banking services for finance purposes. It was established on 25 November 1960 as a private limited liability company.
This financial institution provides people with a small or large businesses with services like Retail or consumer banking, Investment banking, Transferring money, Stock trading, Electronic banking, Insurance, Asset management and so on.
How To Open A Sterling Bank Account
If you to make use of the sterling bank transfer code, you need to open a sterling bank account to be able to use a USSD Code.
As a New Customer, you can decide not to go to the bank to open an account, simply with your mobile phone if you don’t have any:
- Select the account (savings, current, non-interest banking, business account).
- Your current phone number.
- A name or preferred name.
- Referral code.
- An email address.
- A password that will contain about 6 characters.
- An OTP number will be sent to you as a sign of successful registration.
- Click on the proceed button to go on but you must agree to the terms and conditions.
But if you have an Existing account with them, am going to show you how you can get the transfer code and their requirement needed.
- Enter your account number.
- A new account type (savings, current, business account).
- Your name.
- Bank Verification Number (BVN).
Here are the other sterling bank code and USSD codes for transactions.
|Transfer money to Sterling bank account||Dial *822*5*Amount*Account Number#|
|Self airtime code||Dial *822*Amount# to purchase Mtn, Glo, Airtel or 9 Mobile recharge#|
|Airtime code to buy for others||Dial *822*Amount* Person Phone Number# to purchase Mtn, Glo, Airtel or 9 Mobile recharge#|
|Bill payment code||Dial *822*2# and follow the on-screen prompts#|
|Code to check account balance||Dial *822*6#|
|Open an Account code||Dial *822*7#|
|Withdraw cash from Sterling Bank ATM without a Debit Card||Dial *822*42#, then follow the on-screen prompts to perform a cardless withdrawal#|
|Deactivate USSD code||Dial *822*911#|
|Activate your debit card||Dial *822*19# >> select Card Activation|
Sterling Bank USSD Code
the sterling bank transfer code for bank transactions like checking your balance, sending money, paying bills, and buying airtime is *822#. This transfer code works in all networks like MTN, Airtel, Glo, and 9Mobile.
But if you to use the Sterling USSD code, you need to be first registered with the bank. Then create a secure 4-digit code which you will be the only one to know about it for confirming your transaction after proceeding.
The Benefit And Feature Of Sterling Bank USSD Code
- It is easy, fast, and secure, and provides the customer with an easy banking process.
- Even without an internet connection, you can have access to banking transactions on your mobile phone.
- By getting the USSD code *822# for transfer you can also transfer funds to anyone on your phone.
Sterling Bank USSD Code Requirement
Requirement for sterling bank USSD code.
- Have a sterling bank account.
- You can register with an ATM debit card.
- Link your BVN (Bank verification number) to your sterling bank account.
- Check to see if you have airtime on your mobile phone.
- Dial *822# to activate the USSD code.
How To Activate Sterling Bank USSD Code
Kindly follow this requirement to use the sterling bank code.
- On your mobile phone keypad dial *822*1*account number#.
- A 4-digit pin.
- Re-enter the pin.
- In a minute you will receive a successful activation message.
You can also contact their customer care at this number: 07008220000 or contact them on their website: http://www.sterlingbanking.com.
To open a sterling bank online: http://sterlingonlineaccount.sterling.ng.
Whenever you want to transfer money, airtime, or data, check your account balance, or transfer money make sure you use the sterling bank transfer code*822# to make a secure and easy move to do any transaction.
In summary, we are now able to provide you with the information that you need to know on how the sterling bank transfer code works, how to activate the sterling bank USSD code, how to open a sterling bank account and so on. So don’t forget to like and comment on this post. Thanks.